Do you want your guests to be able to see all the offers of your accommodation, get to know their details and make a direct booking? If the answer is “yes”, make sure to publish our reservation engine. In this article, you will learn how to prepare, what to set, and how to launch the new BedBooking reservation system.
What should be done before starting the booking system
Before your first customers will see offers in the booking system, you must ensure that the information and prices that you will present in it are up-to-date. Here’s what we advise you on what to look for before you start configuring the booking system.
- Check accommodation prices. Go to "Price List - Set Prices" and see if the prices are up-to-date. People who want to book accommodation with you will see room offers with prices according to the price list. If you are using seasonal price lists, pay attention to the prices for each date. In addition, if you are using partial occupancy, check that you have correctly set the amounts for a smaller number of people than the capacity of the room.
- Check that the contact details entered in the "Profile" tab are correct. This is important because your guests will see them in the booking system and confirmation when they decide to book with you.
- Decide how you want to accept payments for reservations. You have several forms to choose from. You can choose to pay on the spot, via bank transfer or online payment.
8 steps to start the booking system
1. Check if you have a premium package and a new price list configured in the BedBooking application.
The booking system works with the new price list and is available as part of a paid premium package. More about switching to the new price list here.
2. After logging in to the BedBooking application, go to "Reservation system".
3. Set a URL address - a unique website address on the Internet where your reservation system will be available.
For example, if you enter "haven-residence", the address at which the booking system will be available will be haven-residence.bed-booking.com
4. Customize the look of the booking system:
- Add logo - There will be the same file in the booking system that was set in the profile. If you do not add a logo, the name of the object you entered in the "Profile" tab will be displayed in its place.
- Set the leading color - choose from the palette or enter a hex code (eg #EB9525) of the color you want the most important elements of the reservation system to be, like buttons, date selection indicators etc. Avoid bright colors.
- Select the language in which the system will be displayed to your customers
5. Decide what you want to present.
- You may choose not to show prices for children in order to sell accomodation at adult prices.
- You can enable food options to sell them with your accomodation.
- Remember that the prices and the method of settlement for accommodation, meals, additional services, local tax must be set in the price list.
6. Add photos
- Go to the "Photos and regulations" tab
- Select photos from your device and assign them to the appropriate room
- Go to the "Photos and regulations" tab
8. Remember to confirm the changes after editing with the "Save" button.
Now, when you enter the address you have set into your browser, you will see your property's reservation system. You can put this address in social media, advertising materials, or simply provide it during phone calls.
It is worth checking the entire booking process in your property. To do so, use the "Preview" mode. Thanks to this, you will be able to check how the booking is going on from the perspective of your future guest.
You can freely change the booking system settings also after its launch. However, remember that if you change the URL to a new one, the old one will stop working.
BedBooking is a mobile reservation calendar available for Android and iOS devices and in your browser. Register today and get 30 days of Premium for free:
Web app: bit.ly/2PPGgmR
Google Play: bit.ly/3teZdxE
Apple Store: https://apple.co/3mJRSnl
More information at bed-booking.com